03 November 2008

Fuck You, Trent Reznor.

Today I received this email from the one and only front-man from the "MUSICAL" group, 'Nine Inch Nails'

Next Tuesday we will elect the next President of the United States. The result will have great consequences for the nation.

This election offers a choice is between two men with dramatically different visions of the future. We have strong feelings about this choice. But we feel even more strongly that all Americans, regardless of political preference, have a stake in the outcome and should vote in this critical election.

This is likely to be a close election. Your vote matters. Please use it and make a difference.

Sincerely,
Trent Reznor


Ok. First off. You're a musician. Make some decent music. No one cares about your political views. At least not me. If I cared what you thought, you'd be a politician, and I probably still wouldn't, but at least you'd have the right to tell me to vote.

Where do you get off telling me this? Is John McCain telling me to pick up "Death Magnetic"? No. He's not.

Did Obama suggest I go see "High School Musical 3"? Or ask me if I was upset that Onch got voted off of Paris's show? He sure didn't.

This goes for all musicians. I really lose respect for you when you shove your views down my throat. This goes for Christian bands too. If I care about the word of the lord, I'll go to church, not to the latest UnderOath album.

Boo Trent Reznor. I'm disappointed in you. I was disappointed when you felt the need to talk about George Bush in "Year Zero". One, it dates your music. Two, it's just plain stupid. Now you've wasted my time. What I thought was maybe a new song or hell, even a new remix, was just a ploy for you to spew your dogmatic drivel.

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

I want to know why Onch's dismissal was not a major political news story. Come on. Where are this country's priorities?

Contributors